Description Job Description:
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer/Analyst with specialty technical expertise in System Survivability.
The ideal candidate would work out of a Leidos office in one of the following locations: Los Angeles/San Diego CA, Albuquerque N.M., Ogden Utah, or the Washington DC area, but other locations may be acceptable.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise to lead a Leidos Team in support of the design and development of the next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) system called the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES
- Specialty Engineering Technical lead of a team of 5-10 Leidos technical staff comprised of engineers and scientists with responsibility for all technical elements of the project.
- Maintain close liaison with the Leidos PM and the GBSD prime contractor, Northrup Grumman Corporation (NGC), and be responsible for effective and timely Leidos Team technical performance. Regular travel may be required to key Nlocations in El Segundo, CA and Roy, Utah.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Works with junior members of the team to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Work as a senior "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future system builds.
- Provide systems engineering technical leadership in developing NH&S and PM&P technical approach, design, and validation.
B.S. degree in the physical and or engineering sciences with at least 10 years experience with the analysis of DoD system survivability and the implications for system design and testing.
Experience leading a diverse team of scientists and engineers engaged in DoD system survivability tasks.
Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET level clearance.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Specialty Engineering/Technical expertise in Nuclear Hardening and Survivability (NH&S) with familiarity with any and/or all aspects of a system survivability program comprised of system analysis, design, and test.
Current Security clearance at Secret level.
Located in close proximity to Leidos offices in LA/SD, CA, Albuquerque, N.M., Ogden, Utah, or Washington DC area.External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.