Solidus seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to function as a capture lead manager. The candidate must possess a strong combination of technical, business and communication skills: payload system engineering breadth, creativity, business development skills, market understanding, customer communication skills and presentation abilities, both written and oral.
Candidate will support concept developments and new business pursuits, primarily in the area of space based electro-optical (EO) sensors and payloads, with some additional work in airborne systems and space or airborne subsystems. Candidate will support full technical program capture, including technical concept generation and development, customer interface, strategy, proposal writing, customer presentation, and concept development phase management.
- Define EO payload designs and architectures in response to customer and market needs, objectives, and solicitations.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop those concepts, both in support of proposals and as initial customer-funded efforts.
- Bring market and competitor knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies.
- Lead customer interactions throughout pursuit and program capture activities.
- Lead proposal efforts, including technical proposal writing, oversight of proposal teammates, costing, and review.
- Manage study contracts, seed-contracts, prototype demonstration efforts, and initial customer-funded activities, and transition those activities to full production flight hardware teams.
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy, and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.
- Create and establish teaming relationships with customers and subcontractors.
- Position the company as a preferred or exclusive partner with customers based on both technical and programmatic capabilities and performance.
- Active Top Secret preferred, Active Secret required
- Minimum of a BS in a relevant technical field (physics, optics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering) with - 5-8 years of experience in a related aerospace industry. Advanced degree preferred. MS or above can be substituted for 2 (MS) to 5 (PhD) years of experience.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of optical sensor systems, as well as the flight EO payload marketplace, competitors and opportunities.
- Experience in business development and program capture, including customer relationships, concept development, and proposal writing.
- Excellent written and oral presenting skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system designs and trades to customers.
- Technical creativity and originality.
- Must have the ability to define concepts from a blank sheet of paper based on customer needs, to identify the key aspects of those concepts, and to lead a team to develop those concepts to a preliminary level.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills and the experience to lead a design team and small group in a similar business environment.Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm