A well-established and growing law firm is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Financial Systems) to provision, configure, and provide technical support for the firm’s various finance, accounting and business needs.
- Maintain and support existing Finance and Accounting applications, including but not limited to; Aderant Expert and Intapp Time.
- Update, modify, test, and/or repair existing software systems and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Provide functional and technical analysis and documentation related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems and reports.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and optimal performance of all components which assigned databases and database servers.
- Ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource allocation.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL Server development.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- Develop test strategies, tools, and systems.
- Previous experience working on Law firm financial accounting systems such as Aderant and/or Elite is required.
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Proactive with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
- In depth SQL Server Database Administration experience.
- Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2012 and newer RDBMS instances in large enterprises.
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on projects.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Oversee, design, track, and safely introduce modifications to the systems.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Candidates should have strong Microsoft Office skills, Microsoft Excel VBA, MS Project or Visio, experience with relational databases, data validation and report writing; SQL (SSRS) and Access, and experience with financial data systems and data visualization preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, Windows 2008 and newer Server versions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
If you are interested, Apply Now!
Optum Professional Staffing LLC