The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.
We are looking to add a senior level member to the Vestmark Managed Services team. As a senior system engineer, you will ensure that Vestmark delivers and continues to deliver a high performance and reliable service. Software development, systems integrations and deployment experience is key for this role. We’re looking for someone who has written more than just a few scripts. We need someone who loves efficiency, and dreams about automation while understanding the system infrastructure side as well.
Minimum Qualifications (Requirements):
- 4+ years of work experience in a production data center setting
- 4+ years of experience in Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2016/12)
- 4+ years of experience with server virtualization using vmWare, hyper-scaling and/or cloud computing preferably AWS
- 2+ years of scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Perl etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with MS SQL Server and SQL Performance Analysis
- 1 year of experience with Desired State Configuration (DSC) technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker or Ansible
- Solid understanding of Networking and SAN principles
- Understanding of Java, Tomcat, JIRA, confluence, git, bitbucket, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Experience in infrastructure design and operations including load balancing app/db clustering, firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
- Experience with Windows Server administration including Active Directory, Group Policy and IIS
- Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Logicmonitor, Appdynamics, Solarwinds Ignite etc)
- Experience developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code (IaaC), and understanding of Configuration Management (CM)
- Working knowledge of AWS, Terraform, VPN tunneling, ACL's, and security around cloud computing
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Programming and scripting to facilitate integration between and within enterprise systems using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) methodology
- Continue development on scripting and automation related to end to end infrastructure readiness, including deployment, validation and pre/post tasks
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, firewall, applications, database, storage) and assist junior system engineers to resolve advanced system issues
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Development Engineering, and Product teams to analyze and design infrastructure and solutions supporting our SaaS product
- Participate in a version control initiative to bring utility scripts into a code review and up into a repository along with change management
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation, that includes night and weekend shifts, and be able to resolve critical system issues
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience