Leidos is currently seeking a Senior-level Systems' Engineer near Ft. Meade, MD. This effort encompasses the entire systems engineering life-cycle and provides the technical services necessary to conceptualize, prototype, develop, deploy, and sustain a wide range of systems. This is a superb opportunity to showcase your engineering expertise on large-scale and interfacing systems that are part of a complex environment developing prototype-directed solutions.
- Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of required system.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from CCB meetings, design reviews, and program reviews.
- Manage the customer relations based on the objective of the task.
- (20) years of experience as a Systems' Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited College or University is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to work and lead a small team of engineers with minimal guidance
- Ability to decompose, analyze, and allocate use cases to solution space and architecture
- Ability to initiate development efforts to prototype directed solutions
- Ability to develop architecture views
- Ability to develop I&T plans
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: