Work in a distributed team environment ensuring internal Virtualization and Storage infrastructure is highly available to allow mindSHIFT to deliver services. Drive efficiency improvements through creative solutions using new and inter-connected tools. Must be a team player, forward thinking, self-motivated and have a strong desire to make a difference in the company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the deployment, upgrade, maintenance, availability and capacity planning of the company systems Cisco UCS, VMware clusters and storage systems, with an emphasis on EMC equipment.
- Discover inefficiencies and problems in the business and find creative ways to improve or fix them.
- Collaborate with others to develop requirements for new and better automations, reports and processes that improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Design reports to provide valuable data and quality checks for mindSHIFT staff and customers.
- Create internal documentation and conduct training so that others may effectively and correctly use the environment.
- Work with operations to onboard new clients into the systems and/or train those on the deployment teams to perform these duties while acting as an escalation point.
- Provide escalated support and perform change requests as needed.
- Ensure all code and systems designs are commented and documented properly and completely.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- ITIL functional experience desired.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and experience with Cisco UCS, VMware clusters and storage systems.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced systems integrator or professional services organization.
- Project Management Experience (PMP not required) but must be able to manage multiple technical projects simultaneously with minimum oversight.
- At least basic scripting experience (batch files, PowerShell, VB) preferred.
- Experience driving the discovery of requirements and then delivering solutions that meet those requirements.