Lead SysOps, Engineer
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and maintaining our hybrid cloud infrastructure consisting of 1,500+ Linux servers. This person will assist our efforts to leave manual, labor intensive processes behind and reach our goal of automation and managing infrastructure through automation. The Sr. Systems Engineer will be an integral part of the technical operations team that keeps the engine humming smoothly.
What you will be doing as a Lead SysOps Engineer?
- Build and support Linux servers in enterprise environments.
- Experience working in virtualized server environments.
- Deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools to support our Linux servers and environments.
- Creatively solve new complex problems while trying to keep the solution simple.
- Script with languages such as Bash, Python.
- Comfortable working with GIT
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances.
- Develop highly repeatable processes, resilient services and demonstrate a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.
We'd love to chat if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in Systems Engineering
- 3+years of experience managing and maintaining large scale Linux environments.
- 3+ years working with configuration management tool Puppet
- 3+ years of experience managing and working with VMware.
- 2+ years of experience managing and supporting systems in AWS.
- 2+ years of experience with networking skillsets, eg: switching, TCP/IP, subnets, etc.
- 3+ years on experience in shell/bash scripting and python a plus.
- Clear communication style in all forms, including making recommendations for improvements
- Strong experience using standard server software such as MySQL, Apache and Nginx.
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.