DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base backup system, but also for all features, components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure.
- Serve as the advanced matter expert for all Storage & Backup environments.
- Create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Provision/configure required storage & backup for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage & backup infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with the Government client standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends
Location and other information:
- A minimum of three years of experience with Net Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager experience required.
- This position requires an ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE. Interim TS clearance may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.