A well-established and growing company is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Vblock / Converged Infrastructure).
The Senior Systems Engineer (Converged Infrastructure) will work as part of the IT Infrastructure Team to maintain, administer and manage all aspects of the technology infrastructure at the company:
- Required to be a subject matter expert across hyper converged infrastructure in designing, supporting and implementing best practices
- Will monitor the health of converged systems at the company, provide regular performance and capacity metrics and recommend performance improvements consistent with the operational requirements of individual business units
- Coordinates resolution of system problems and participates in troubleshooting and analysis of related issues
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise and critical thinking skills and applies them to managing the Converged Infrastructure ecosystems at the company.
- Experience and working knowledge of VCE and Vblock solutions as it relates to building and supporting converged infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with managing Cisco Unified Computing Systems and Cisco Storage Area Networks.
- Experience with EMC Storage and Data Protection Systems
- Evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test and perform problem isolation and resolution
- Ability to create and analyze system performance metrics, establish technology gaps and must be capable of doing independent research to come up with best solutions
- Must have demonstrated experience with managing large VMware environments
- Devise solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed infrastructure
- Experience conducting end-to-end system level design and build architecturally sound solutions including overseeing all phases, from inception to production ready applications
- Systems engineering background with demonstrated understanding of Hybrid Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Understanding of VCE Release Certification Matrices
- Domain Knowledge of Converged Infrastructure landscape required
- Apply sound technical decision making skills to implementing recommended design patterns and best practices
- Create and maintain documentation for relevant Infrastructure and Data Center Systems
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and drills of IT Infrastructure Systems and dependent applications
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere – VCP certified or relevant experience
- Solid understanding of Integrated Converged Infrastructure Stack (VCE VxBlock, FlexPod, VSPEX)
- Knowledge of Scalable Storage Area Networks and fiber channel switches, Cisco MDS, EMC or Netapp Equipment
- Knowledge of Cisco Networking Equipment (Nexus switches) – CompTIA, CCNA certified or relevant experience
- Solid understanding of sound best practices for managing Cisco UCS servers – DCUCI certified or relevant experience
- Prior Experience with EMC Data Domain, Avamar and Networker preferred
- VCE-CIA certification a plus. (Ability to achieve this certification with 12 months of employment is mandatory)
- Experience with Orchestration and Automation tools a plus
- Healthcare experience preferred but not mandatory
If you are interested, Apply Now!
Optum Professional Staffing LLC