Company Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI poly
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary: The Senior Systems Engineer will support an undisclosed program. The Senior Systems Engineer will proform an array of technical competencies including the ability to perform product implementation, modifications and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specification and implementations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Oversee a deployed IT computer system, provide operations and maintenance support to the customer
• Create user accounts, implementing bug fixes, updating software, replacing hardware and troubleshooting both hardware and software problems
• Supported system includes: servers, workstations, networking and storage array equipment.
• Interface with user to help resolve system and application problems
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field and 8 years of experience. May substitute experience in lieu of education (i.e. Associates Degree plus 10 years of experience or 14 years experience with no degree
• Experience with the following:
o Windows Server 2008 R2
o Windows 7 Enterprise
o Active Directory
• TS/SCI w/ CI poly
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to correct system problems
• Communication skills necessary for problem resolution with customer
• Working knowledge of computer systems/networks and Windows operating systems
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between organizations
• Strong teamwork skills - Ability to interact productive with other Subject Matter Experts (SME) and customers in a diverse team setting
• Work independently to develop timely and effective solutions to technical problems of various scope and complexity
• Ability to drive to support multiple sites
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.