DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving, and engineering skills.
If you are a highly talented Sr Systems Engineer, interested in ensuring DLA Piper’s compute, storage, and virtual environments operate effectively and without interruption, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in the Baltimore, Mt. Washington office. Relocation available in accordance with the firm's policy.
The IT team partners with DLA Piper management, lawyers and internal business units to devise and deploy solutions that improve the quality of the legal services we deliver to our clients as well as the efficiency of our firm’s business operations.
Our team is committed to providing industry-leading solutions and world-class service. We focus on innovation and our goal is to lead the industry by forging an environment that encourages and rewards innovation, creativity and achievement.
We have decades of experience and a proven track record in delivering excellent customer service, managing a secure and reliable operational environment and deploying industry-leading technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 6 years’ experience with hypervisors, scripting, server hardware, and storage systems
- Detailed, technical knowledge of VMWare, Cisco UCS, and EMC products
- Knowledge of Server Operating systems and various server hardware products
- Experience setting up compute and storage solutions based on performance requirements
- Excellent problem-solving- and communication skills to deliver both technical and non-technical information
- Ability to analyze and design solutions to address complex technical and business requirements
What will your day look like?
- Knowledge of Microsoft networking and operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, WINs, DHCP, and SCOM monitoring platforms
- Microsoft System Center and orchestration
- VMWare VCenter product suite
- VDI Infrastructure
- Understanding of structured programming, communication and networking concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will design and implement solutions that automate, control, and secure the Data Center infrastructure. You will provide high level operational support of all DLA Pipers compute and storage environments. You will manage the firm’s infrastructure and act as a subject matter expert regarding compute, storage, performance and VDI platforms. Additionally, you will help resolve escalated cases from other Engineers and Helpdesk, and perform fault isolation/resolution and root-cause diagnosis and maintain detailed technical documentation.
Your knowledge and guidance will be relied upon to protect and develop solutions from any threat to the firm’s services and cutting-edge applications. At DLA Piper, you will be part of a team striving for a safer, conducive, and more secure environment!
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website
We are (DLA Piper) an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Agency applications will not be considered.