Datastew LLC (www.datastew.com)
Our Senior Systems Engineer position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual looking to advance their skills and career in the IT Managed Services and Consulting arena. Serving California for over 8 years, we are a boutique consultancy that places high expectations on our engineers' technical skills and aptitudes, and delivering an exceptional customer experience to our clients. With a broad range of client offerings, including managed services, network design/engineering, software engineering, data center operations and document management/disaster recovery planning expertise, this full-time job will provide the candidate with a wide variety of technical areas in which to grow.
The Senior Systems Engineer position is responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of our clients' technology with a focus on Networking, Cameras & Access Control systems, Active Directory, virtualization, and storage technologies. This includes new infrastructure build outs, relocations and upgrades, server and desktop troubleshooting, hardware/software installation and upgrades, and resolution of daily support incidents.
As a consulting firm offering a wide array of IT solutions to a large client base, we are presented with many complex and varied technology issues. Consequently, the Senior Systems Engineer must have a high aptitude and be able to take ownership of and expedite resolutions. Additionally, the Senior Systems Engineer will interface with our valued clients on a daily basis and must be motivated, confident, and be capable of presenting the highest level of communication and professionalism.
- Monitors and maintains virtualized collocation, network servers (P & V) and workstations
- Monitors and maintains networking infrastructure, with a focus on Cisco equipment
- Supports recovery of clients' environment in the event of systems failure or disaster
- Acts as an escalation point for our support desk
- Commits to continuous improvement and learning of products and technologies
- Investigates and follows both industry and internal best practices
- Documents standards on the internal knowledge base
- Participates in scheduled team meetings
Core Competency Requirements
- Overall outstanding work ethic
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Meets commitments
- Exhibits a sense of urgency
- Works independently (self-managing)
- Accepts accountability
- Easily adapts to changes (schedules, clients, deadlines)
- Remains calm and focused under pressure Quality:
- High degree of quality
- Detailed and accurate
- Committed to excellence
- Endeavors to identify root causes of quality problems Job Knowledge
- Provide network design expertise on a variety of complex network scenarios
- Network infrastructure planning and implementation
- Recommend, install and configure network switch, router and firewall devices
- Monitor network performance
- Network problem resolution
- Server administration
- Remote and onsite installation of network and end-user hardware and software
- Monitor and manage back-up, replication and disaster recovery systems
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam, etc. Technical Skills (must be current):
- 2-5 years network engineering experience - Proficient in virtualization and SAN technologies
- Intermediate or higher skillsets in Windows Servers, Active Directory, Cisco products/IOS
- Must have sufficient experience and quality of judgment to self-manage and make valid, supportable network engineering decisions
- Must be able to work on-call and respond based on service level agreements
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of Camera and Access control systems, including Genetec
- One or more of the following certifications: Microsoft MCSE/MCITP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Experience in First Responder, Public Safety, Military, or Law Enforcement environments.
This job will primarily be based out of the valley, with regular travel from Ventura to Orange County.
Please send attachments as PDF only. Include: resume, references, certifications and salary requirements.
Datastew LLC (www.datastew.com)
Burbank, CA, 91505