Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO is looking for a highly motivated, organized, systems engineer with strong technical aptitude and programing experience to join the Telecommunications Department. As part of the team, you will become the subject matter expert, responsible for development of systems automation, and application integration into our VoIP systems.
You will be required to take on role as PM (Project Manager) to actively manage, engage, own every stage of assigned projects and drive all project related tasks to completion. Experience in application design, development, application integration, implementation, solution customization, solution support is desired.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the development of automation and scripting to support GEICO's contact centers and back office. You will Interface with business customer and peer IT teams to capture requirements and to design and deliver well rounded solutions. The ideal candidate will develop process and procedures for implementation and operational support of systems.
Your role will require you to perform project management with focus on the delivery of key initiatives and projects for which you will define and communicate roles, responsibilities and expectations of all team members of the project team
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years providing technical support for production application
- Hands on knowledge of Application Development including experience/familiarity with: API integration techniques, .NET framework, REST and/or SOAP, XML and/or JSON
- Familiarity with scripting tools
- Experience in contact center solutions (VOIP, Call Routing, CTI, systems integration, etc.)
- Proven experience in end-to-end problem determination/troubleshooting of system issues
- Experience analyzing and identifying root cause factors, service issue trends, and areas to streamline existing processes or create new processes where needed
- Experience with data extraction tools (SQL, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office product set: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project
- Experience in systems and business analysis
- Networking background or a solid understanding of networking technologies (TCP/IP, LAN and WAN)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with CISCO automation tools PCP and CPO is a plus
- Knowledge of client/server & database/reporting applications is desired
Salary will be assigned commensurate with experience and skills.