Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Location: Wilmington, DE
Position Type: 6 month Contract to Hire
Interview Type: Phone & In-Person Interview required
Description: Our client is currently seeking an Senior Systems Engineer. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining the [virtualized] Data Center systems environment, Microsoft Active Directory/Unified Communications Infrastructure, and select bank-hosted applications in the Data Centers. The Engineer will address failures and challenges within these services, systems, applications, and manage planned upgrades to these systems. The incumbent is expected to have a working knowledge of common virtualization platforms, utilities, policies and procedures. The engineer will serve as the technical lead for certain highly available line- of-business applications and will be the primary escalation point for systems related problems, accountable for identifying and resolving root-causes.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/or work experience.
- Must have 6-8 years of experience providing hands-on systems support for Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or VMWare Certified Professional preferred.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and managing Office 365 solutions, Intune, Messaging, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and managing Azure Cloud Services.
- Must have experience with modern MS Windows Server Operating Systems, VMWare vSphere 5.5 – 6.5, MS SQL Server 2005 – 2016, Linux, Data Center networking solutions and network load balancers (Cisco Nexus 5k, Cisco Nexus 1000v, BigIP, Citrix NetScaler, etc.).
- Must have experience with Microsoft Exchange 2013 –2016 , LYNC/Skype for Business, ADFS 2.0 and 3.0, Active Directory (day to day administration tasks, managing users, computers group policy, etc.).
- Must have thorough knowledge and will contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of Data Center strategy and processes.
- This position requires exceptional problem solving/troubleshooting skills and be detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent listening ability.
- The incumbent will have frequent contact with internal customers as well as various technology partners.