The grind of operations isn’t providing the intellectual stimulation that initially attracted you to the field. You’re looking around for what might be next, wondering “Will it ever be any different??” It can be better, and career growth doesn’t have to come at the expense of personal life. Let Resource Data expand your mind with career possibilities!
Take a look at what work life at RDI might look like. Starting out
- You’re surrounded by other professionals in a consulting environment. There are no politics here; just people enjoying their work and their lives, getting things done.
- You’re getting a feel for how the corporate IT team supports RDI – the flow of support requests and the technology. You’ll start to get familiar with the way the RDI systems and infrastructure support our processes and enable progress.
- You’re also getting up to speed on clients and projects. One client is experiencing large-scale change including new divisions, new infrastructure, and new systems; you’ve started learning how you can help them achieve their goals.
- The first few months fly by and you’ve settled in. You feel comfortable working at a fast pace and you’re comfortable with the management style – supportive but not imposing. You’ve adapted to the differences in communication styles between clients. And, you appreciate the rich peer network that is readily available and the high degree of autonomy and responsibility you have for completing your tasks.
Let’s fast-forward a year, and look at what you’ve accomplished:
- You’ve worked with a colleague on one of RDI’s largest projects, helping to design an upgraded server and storage infrastructure.
- You’ve taken the lead on a project to completely implement a client’s wireless network.
- You’re fully dedicated to helping the client improve their business through technology. Complex server applications are talking to each other using WAN, microwave, and other technologies so that the client can do accurate reporting.
- You are working effectively in a zero-downtime environment and you love the challenge! You have learned how to front-load the design completely so there is no impact when system changes are rolled out.
- You’re starting to mentor other staff on the work you do. You frequently collaborate with senior staff to continue advancing your level of expertise and knowledge.
Does this sound like the kind of career path you’d like to venture on? If you’re looking for something with equal amounts challenge and reward, you need to contact us! We’d love to talk about your background and see some examples of you going above and beyond.
You might wonder what sort of skills you need for this position. We expect that many applicants will have 3-5 years of experience with networking, Linux and Windows servers, or maybe even experience at an ISP. Ultimately, we’re more interested in accomplishments over credentials. Our top candidates use their excellent written and verbal communication skills to tell us about their achievements, explain why their accomplishments were significant, and show how they were involved in the task.
Resource Data is a consulting company – clients hire us because we’re good and we deliver results. We support our employees with long-term stability, schedule flexibility, a healthy work-life balance, and great co-workers.
People, technology, results: That's what we’re built on and that's what we're all about.