Our financial services client in Dallas has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer on a contract to hire basis (6 mo conversion). Reporting to the Data Center Manager, and as part of a small but mighty team, you will be responsible for performing highly complex duties in the installation, administration and maintenance of the servers and systems software. You will participate in developing the strategic vision and serve as a top-level contributor for the complex IT Infrastructure initiatives that support 750 employees in 4 states.
Open to C2C but LOCAL candidates only please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform evaluations of new Infrastructure solutions sets to augment existing
- Lead the design of IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline the interaction of tools and infrastructure to maximize efficiency of processes and operational, infrastructure and applications
- Lead major infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and
- Solve complex business problems by innovative application of technology
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or
- Ensure desktop computers and users interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, conferencing systems, application servers and administrative
- Works with senior IT staff to purchase hardware and
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for
- In Person, Phone, Email and Ticket support with onsite and remote
- Manage Ticket pipeline within stated SLA s.
- Assist in the design of IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory
- Monitor and maintain server monitoring with tools like SolarWinds and Resolve alerts from said monitoring.
- High School Diploma Bachelor s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in areas of Exchange, SharePoint, or Windows Server
- Minimum 3 years of server hardware configuration and maintenance
- Minimum 5 years previous experience with vSphere 6.0+ and related technologies
- Experience with Solarwinds Orion or other monitoring system a
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in following areas: Windows Server operating systems, server storage and storage networking (NAS, iSCSI, SAN), Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL
- Strong experience and familiarity with ESXi 6.5 including best practices, patching, advanced troubleshooting, networking and
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, and strong presentation