We have an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer in Lakeland, Florida. This is a direct-hire position. Local (Lakeland/Central Florida) candidates strongly preferred.
Please no 3rd party or Corp to Corp candidates.
This position is responsible for the Windows Server, VMware, SAN, AD and GP environments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring all enterprise MS Servers 2012 to 2016 and SAN environments for space and performance.
- Monitor all backups and when necessary perform restores.
- Support and keep up to date all VMware applications (currently using Horizons). All desktops are virtual using VMware
- Managing the servers hosting these desktops
- Support the current SAN environment of HP 3PAR and Pure Logic by monitoring space available, redistributing space on the SAN, reviewing the age of files and aging out the oldest files to create more space, reviewing flash versus spinning storage and what can be moved when necessary.
- Management of the Active Directory and Group Policy process. You will be the single point of contact. for AD and GP and will be responsible for reviewing and rewriting obsolete policies to ensure high reliability.
- 7+ years of Windows Server Systems Administration experience
- 2+ years of Active Directory (AD) and Group Policy (GP) support experience
- Experience rebuilding AD & GP preferred
- 5+ years of VMware support experience.
- Previous SAN support experience, HP 3PAR and/or Pure Logic experience is a plus.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
For more information please contact Felecia Hoffman-Crum, Senior IT Recruiter at (813) 488-4987.