Robert Half Technology is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team at our local client. This Systems Engineer position needs to be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure. Apply today and learn more about this exciting role. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Princeton, New Jersey area.
What you get to do every day
- Stand by for 2nd and 3rd level support
- Screen and analyze application performance for potential bottlenecks, specify possible solutions, and act jointly with developers to apply those fixes
- Establish standards to actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Direct and supervise all installed systems and infrastructure
- Configure, test, maintain, and install application software, system management tools, and operating systems
- Administrate backup, security, and redundancy strategies
- Maintain contact with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Note and support custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Take part in the design of information and operational support systems
Please contact Doug.Hine@rht.com for more details. Requirements
- Experience with monitoring systems
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who have solid networking knowledge
- Microsoft Windows Server experience required
- Solid understanding of Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure experience
- This position requires a candidate with experience with automation software
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems is required for success at this position
- 5+ years of relevant experience - Applicants who have experience with virtualization and containerization are preferred
- This position requires a candidate with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- This position requires a candidate with solid scripting skills
Please contact Doug.Hine@rht.com for more details.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people - it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.