Job ID: 2116211 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer
in Huntsville, AL who is passionate about supporting the daily and strategic efforts of a Marine Corps acquisition program.
The candidate will be working with our talented team of engineers, logisticians and program support personnel to design and build the next generation of precision fires systems for the United States Marine Corps. These systems will support programs designed to provide Marine Corps maneuver units with an organic precision fires capability.
Qualifications Desired Qualifications:
- Responsible for the engineering design and integration of the Target Handoff System Version 2.
- Provide technical oversight for systems engineering tasks including requirements, configuration and risk management, as well as developmental testing/evaluation.
- Coordinate between project stakeholders to ensure system planning, design, and implementation meet mission needs and requirements.
- Work with systems analysts and other subject matter experts to define system characteristics and requirements.
- Develop and maintain system specifications, interface control documents and other system requirements documents.
- Work closely with test engineers to ensure that system requirements are adequately tested and qualification results are properly tracked in the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Lead and support systems engineering technical reviews and configuration audits as required.
- Manage system configuration baselines (i.e. functional, allocated, and product baselines) in accordance with applicable directives and policies.
- Compose and submit engineering change proposals (DD form 1692).
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software and hardware integration effort.
- Identify hardware and software component or configuration issues.
- Identify, track and communicate technical risks and associated mitigation strategy.
- Recommend product/process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, information technology and 5 years of equivalent experience; Four years' experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience analyzing, defining, and managing requirements for complex systems.
- Proficiency with systems engineering concepts and modeling tools.
- Familiarity with configuration identification, control, status accounting, verification, and audit.
- Familiarity with system development and government acquisition lifecycles.
- Familiarity with DoD cybersecurity requirements and processes.
- Should have strong analytical skills.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of military standard tactical data link communications, message formats, and protocols (e.g. VMF, Link 16 TDL, MIL-STD-188-220) is desirable.
- Previous technical project management/supervisory experience a plus including experience with complex systems in large, geographically dispersed, collaborative organizations.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.