Job ID: 2117157 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is currently seeking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer
to work in the STARS Lab in Huntsville, Alabama. Job Description:
The senior-level candidate is responsible for analyzing radar signal data, issue root cause identification and resolution, algorithm development, and presentation of results for technical briefings to leadership. The candidate should be a self-starter and be able to operate with minimal supervision.
SAIC's Systems Engineer will be respondible for u nderstanding radar signal and data processing, root cause analysis of strategic radar systems and interoperability, and by using MATLAB and LINUX knowledge and experience will consistently generate presentation of results. Qualifications Required Education:
- Bachelors degree with nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of radar signal and data processing
- Experience with root cause analysis of strategic radar systems and interoperability
- LINUX knowledge and experience
- MATLAB knowledge and experience
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and intuitive presentation of results
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Must have active Secret Clearance prior to start of employment; must be US Citizen
- PERL script knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with X-band radars
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) pre- and post-test analysis activities and procedures
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.