Job ID: 2203893 Location:
RESTON , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support the Customer on strategic research linked to the applications of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics, Autonomous Systems, and Robotics. The team works with stakeholders to identify challenges, develop innovative solutions, and transition capabilities to positively impact mission challenges. The candidate will be part of a team of multidisciplinary scientists and engineers that seeks to leverage industry and partnerships to transform technical operations. They are capable of utilizing their technical expertise for rapid prototype development and creating awareness of what the team can provide for mission needs. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing custom code and algorithms.
- Testing and validating open source algorithms and protocols.
- Designing and manufacturing test devices as it pertains to Autonomous Systems and AI/ML workflows.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have current TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in an applicable field and at least eight years of experience.
- Academic background in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Record of accomplishment supporting the customer on planning, implementing, and tracking team initiatives and deliverables.
- Outstanding coordination skills and ability to build strong customer relationships, along with a high comfort level managing multiple requirements.
- Demonstrated success or familiarity working with the following tools / applications:
- Autonomous Systems
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Data Science, Data Engineering, and/or Mathematical Simulation.
- Mission Planner/ArduPilot
- Python/C++/C#/C or Matlab/R/Octave
- Command Line Interface
- Ubuntu/Windows/Mac OS
- Cloud Networking
- 3D Modeling
- Project/Program Management
- Familiarity with the following tools / applications:
- PCB Manufacturing (KiCAD and Autodesk Eagle)
- CNC Machining
- Drone/Plan Pilot
- Mission Planner/ArduPilot
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Cellular/WiFi/Bluetooth Networking
- Embedded Hardware Design
- Mathematical Modeling
- AISC Design
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or above)
- RSIC-V Design
- Game Development (Unreal Engine or Unity)
- Mobile App Development (Swift or Kotlin)
- Simulation (Gazebo)
- Nvidia RAPIDS
- Nvidia PhysX
- Nvidia InDeX
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.