The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for daily operations and maintenance of the Serco information system. This information system consists of a complex, fully virtualized deployment of various server and desktop workloads. This information system also consists of multi-site connectivity via Active Directory Federated Services, a full Public Key Infrastructure deployment, and a full Active Directory Certificate Services deployment. This role works closely with the Virtualization and System Administration teams to fully manage the maintenance, outage response, and operational support of the environment. This role is expected to be the SME for Active Directory Certificate Services and Public Key Infrastructure. This position reports to Computing Systems and Services Supervisor.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ongoing support, maintenance, and testing in support of operational requirements and approved initiatives as they relate to the information system.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance; investigate and resolve incidents and/or change tickets for the environment.
- Remain current and learn new emerging technologies in information technology and implement innovative solutions.
- Actively participate in Virtual Infrastructure technical support cross-training.
- Participate and lead outage response for conditions related to service delivery and its components.
- Provide technical support for Tier 2-3.
- Serve as the SME for Active Directory Certificate Services, Public Key Infrastructure, and Multi-Factor Authentication on the team. Provide education and training to other engineers for this subject matter.
- Provide after-hours coverage and escalation support. Occasional after-hours work, to include weekends, is required.
- This position requires 8 to 10 years of experience
- Designing, implementing and maintaining public key infrastructure solutions to include Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services and corresponding certificate authorities.
- Expert-level understanding of configuration and troubleshooting of Certificate Revocation Lists.
- Advanced skill administering Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment including domain services, sites and services, users and computers, and group policy administration.
- Advanced skill administering Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, and 2016.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of open SSL functionality for manipulating certificates and keys.
- Requires a bachelors degree or experience in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
This position is in Colorado Springs, CO, USA. Candidates for this position must be located in the vicinity.