Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position available for a Senior Systems Engineer. In this role you will provide technical support in system architecture, integration and maintenance. As the Sr. Systems Engineer you will provide technical leadership to teams modernizing and enhancing our client's infrastructure. You must be eligible for a Public Trust security clearance. This position is located on-site in Washington, DC.
- Apply Systems Engineering discipline to the development of IT solutions, including requirements definition, solution engineering, system breakdown structure creation, interface analysis, test planning, implementation planning, and technical supervision.
- Oversee creation of wholistic solutions designed to meet end user requirements within project schedule boundaries.
- Help Project Engineering teams apply Systems Engineering principles in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide thought leadership to the customer in cutting edge information technologies as well as novel approaches to IT Service Management solutions.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Work to upgrade IT equipment and procedures.
- Manage and track assignments within the Engineering teams’ project schedules.
- Review, refine and maintain solution requirements for assigned projects.
- Create solution design documentation.
- Enhance pre-existing solutions developed by yourself or others.
- Support fielded solutions.
- Develop and maintain process instructions for DME engineering activities.
- Serve as the liaison to Operations Team staff responsible for Operation and Maintenance (O&M) support of fielded systems.
- Assist in the development of Engineering team skills and training materials.
- At least 4 years of documented experience designing, engineering, and implementing IT Infrastructure solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to gather and document solution requirements.
- Ability to create a solution breakdown structure.
- Ability to design and execute effective Analysis of Alternatives or study of design trade-offs.
- Capable of assisting Project Managers with creating work breakdown structure, work packages and work estimates (cost, duration, LOE).
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate project risks.
- Ability to document System Engineering solutions using Visio, Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyze system test results and system artifacts for solution operational readiness.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of Information Technology Service Management.
- Experience using the Windows family of operating systems and services (i.e. Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Azure Sync Service, Office 365, IIS and GPO management).
- Experience using ServiceNow or other ITSM ticketing systems.
- Experience using Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Experience with cloud services and architectures.
- Experience using virtualization technologies, especially VMWare.
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, e-Business Suite and Fusion Middleware.
- Scripting skills, especially PowerShell.
- Familiarity with BigFix, Infoblox, Splunk, SCCM, CyberArk and other common IT infrastructure tools.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery / Continuity of Operations.
- Familiarity with NIST controls, security hardening, vulnerability remediation, and secure baseline development.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies and HP Blade Systems.
- Familiarity with Service Level Agreements.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- INCOSE, CSEP and ITIL certifications are highly desired.
- Must be eligible to obtain and hold a Public Trust Clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply to: email@example.com , place "5527" in the email subject line, and forward the following information:
- Updated resume in Word format including MM/YYYY for each employer.
- Best times and ways (email addresses and phone numbers) to reach you.
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits).
- Availability to interview and start.
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.