What you’ll be doing….
The Senior Systems Software Engineer will work on designing and developing the systems behind our software development. This role will design and redesign release engineering systems that flow, automate, and protect the organization while enabling the individual.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Provide leadership, as an individual contributor, to a team of release engineers
- Redesign software builds and release systems, from source code management to deployment, for desktop, server, mobile, and web products
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes for effective support of the development process
- Provide technical direction in development of custom solutions
- Enable the engineering teams to measurably and significantly improve their software quality and engineering productivity through process improvement sustained by a best-in-class development environment of tools, systems, services, and networks
- Provide technical leadership to a team of systems software engineers toward rapid evolution of our end-to-end software development environment
- Mentor junior engineers in the development of tools in support of multi-platform software development
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction
- Offer proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, and work closely with development leaders in determining future directions in releases systems and processes
- Knowledge in… application development using Python, Java, or other similar languages
- Tech Savvy: Proven ability to create reliable tools and systems that can be deployed to support a fast-moving development organization. A strong tendency towards automating and streamlining processes
- Problem Solver: A love of solving complex software problems
- Domain: Ability to read and understand source code and to use source code history to understand and resolve issues
- Leader: Ability to interact with confidence with senior development engineers and test engineers
- 3+ years’ experience in development of applications or operating systems for Windows, Macintosh, Linux or web services
- 3+ years’ experience of major software product build system development
- Experience with major software development tools such as Visual Studio, TeamCity, Artifactory, and Perforce or equivalent
- Experience with software lifecycle management tools such as TFS, JIRA, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining cross-platform systems a plus
- Background in SQL, Oracle, or other major databases a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or Engineering
- Advanced degree from highly respected academic institution is strongly preferred
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.