VEGA IS HIRING! Actively searching for an Application Engineer for a long-term project with our direct client in the metro DC area. This role is looking to interview and start the right person, right away!
This role will start remotely. However, once it is deemed safe to return to the office, candidates will be expected to work on site. There may be some flexibility at that point.
This role will perform the following:
• Refactor existing Java development to support Linux/Tomcat compatible products under software architect guidance
• Support Apache Kafka proof of concept initiatives to retire existing IBM Message Queue
• Will work with multiple delivery teams working on a variety of projects in an Agile environment.
• Works collaboratively in the a team to deliver results
• Experience with CI/CD tools
• Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry to determine solutions. Support plan onboarding activities
This role requires the following:
11-15 Years Experience
• Engage with architects, team leads, and team members to introduce new patterns for using our shared Kafka infrastructure in ways that increase the efficiency and reliability of our shared platform.
• Use your DevOps savvy to support the Kafka proof of concept and operate a large scale Kafka cluster that is the foundation of our company's data pipeline.
• Experience with AIX to Linux migration • Experience with IBM Websphere to Tomcat migration • Experience with Java JDK migration (i.e. OpenJDK version 11)
If your experience matches the requirements above, we would love to speak with you. We encourage you to submit your resume to this posting or to us directly at Be sure to reference JOB ID "MW12615".