iStaff is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to fill an opening with a Financial company located in Farmers Branch, TX. The ideal candidates will have 5+ years of experience in areas of Exchange, SharePoint, or Windows Server as well as 5+ years experience with vSphere 6.0+ and related technologies.
The Senior Systems Engineer under the general direction of the Data Center Manager will perform highly complex duties in the design, development, installation, integration, administration and maintenance of the servers and systems software. Contributes strategic vision, serves as the top-level contributor, and lead for the most complex IT Infrastructure initiatives.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in following areas: Windows Server operating systems, storage area networks, Microsoft IIS, Office 365, Microsoft SQL
- Strong experience and familiarity with ESXi 6.5 including best practices, patching, advanced troubleshooting, networking and scripting.
- Experience with SolarWinds Orion or other monitoring system a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint server a plus.
- Strong experience with Office 365 and AWS or Azure
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in areas of Exchange, SharePoint, or Windows Server
- 5+ years previous experience with vSphere 6.0+ and related technologies
- 3+ years of server hardware configuration and maintenance
- Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with IT applications, operations teams and lines of business to analyze business requirements and develop scalable, strategic and cost-effective solutions to meet specific business challenges.
- Perform evaluations of new Infrastructure solutions sets to augment existing capabilities.
- Lead the design of IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline the interaction of tools and infrastructure to maximize efficiency of processes and operational, infrastructure and applications resources.
- Lead major infrastructure implementations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Solve complex business problems by innovative application of technology solutions.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensure desktop computers and users interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Works with senior IT staff to purchase hardware and software.
- In Person, Phone, Email and Ticket support with onsite and remote employees.
- Assist in the design of IT infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise in line with strategic business initiatives, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and maintain server monitoring with tools like SolarWinds and others. Resolve alerts from said monitoring.