Senior Systems Software Engineer
3 months +
Middletown, RI- Onsite
The purpose of this role is to bridge-gap a Senior Systems SW engineer who left some months ago. The product release is slated for EOY. This role is very SW development focused but the systems exp is needed to delegate and architect the test cases within the SW development. There are multiple processors that need to communicate with one another throughout the full product system. The ideal candidate has systems exp but has 0 problem doing the coding themselves as well -- this is very important as it is a team functioning atmosphere, not a head down coder here -- the most applicable experience is Satellite communications experience of some sort, as the product here is a functioning antenna that consistently holds communication abilities while moving around within the ocean. MATLAB is NEEDED & Assimilation modeling will also be used very heavily.
SUMMARY: The Senior Software Systems Engineer role is responsible for leading the development of next generation of software for guidance & stabilization and satellite communications products. As an Engineering team member, this person will participate in the entire project life cycle (requirements, design, development, testing, release, and maintenance) working collaboratively with engineering and product management, manufacturing, customer service, and quality groups in an agile development team. As a highly hands-on software and systems engineer, alongside team members, this person will support formulating and designing system software solutions and algorithms using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequences of the design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Analyzes system requirements and leads design and hands-on development activities.
• Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
• Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
• Supports incorporating new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
• Significant contribution to software code development and implementation, planning through assessment and preparation of engineering, integration and test plans and documentation.
• Applies 'system of systems' architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components, and application interfaces/interoperability concerns.
• Applies software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development.
• Applies relevant system engineering development and operational support tools.
• Participates in integrated process and development agile teams
• Analyzes, coordinates and communicates customer requirements within team.
• Projects excellent communication skills to be able to clearly explain the benefits of an architectural approach.
• Ensures that the various views comprising product architecture are consistent and coherent, developed at an appropriate level of detail, and that all changes are controlled.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS: (List educational requirements, certification, computer programs, skill sets etc.)
• Must be a U.S. ====or permanent resident
• BS degree in Engineering specializing in Software, Systems or other Engineering disciplines required; advance degree(s) (MS or PhD) preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with BS or 3 years with MS or PhD
• Demonstrated proficiency in software development for mechatronic systems or digital feedback control, mathematical system modeling and simulation, applications/systems engineering, operations and architectures.
• Demonstrated experience in systems engineering effort is required.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing contemporary systems/software engineering tools & methodologies.
• Demonstrated track record of technical leadership, high level communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated record of working in agile or highly collaborative teams.
• Demonstrated success in fast-paced, complex engineering environment.
• Demonstrated record as a results-driven team player and proactive problem solver.
Get Connected to Projects that Match Your Individual Talents
What sets Oxford apart? We take the time to get to know you and our clients so we can quickly make the right match. Our partnerships give us deep insight into the industries we serve so we can anticipate trends and uncover new opportunities. This allows us to consistently deliver for you and for our clients. That’s the Oxford difference.
A Little More About Us
Since 1984, Oxford has focused on building trust with each interaction. We're proud to create long-lasting relationships with the brightest minds in the industry while continuing to identify and drive initiatives to advance our clients' business. Anticipating industry trends and building a network of talent to provide technology and engineering expertise is the foundation of our business. We are committed to matching our consultants' experience to work that ensures they are most valued and fulfilled in their careers.
You'll also find the people that shape our own organization are some of the best in the industry, dedicated to making an impact and with you every step of the way.