Senior Systems Software Engineer at Vertica (Machine Learning) (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME)Job Description:Location: REMOTE - U.S. Work From Home options available
Vertica is seeking a Senior Systems Software Engineer to expand the Machine Learning capabilities of its analytic database engine. It is an exciting time to join the team, as Vertica paves the way for scalable in-database machine learning on petabytes of data.
Your work will focus on:
- Research, design, and develop features that scale to help Vertica's Machine Learning capabilities.
- You will design, implement, and optimize innovative Machine Learning algorithms and features to help our customers uncover hidden patterns, correlations, and other valuable insights from massive amounts of data. To do this you'll need to design and implement ML algorithms including but not limited to XGBoost, KNN and ARIMA in Vertica's MPP architecture to crunch petabytes of data.
- You'll work on low-level systems code (C) to make ML algorithms run orders of magnitude faster. And you'll enhance the Vertica Software Development Kit (SDK) and core infrastructure to integrate Vertica with ML frameworks.
- 5+ years of combined experience in software development
- Experience with Machine Learning tools/libraries like Apache Spark, H20, TensorFlow, PyTorch, or others
- Essential algorithms and data structures
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Willingness and ability to mentor team members and interns
- Excellent technical communication skills
You can expect to learn more about all of the above, plus:
- MS or PhD in Machine Learning or Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge/experience of putting Machine Learning models into production over distributed architecture with one or more of the following: classification, regression, recommendation systems, time-series, or ranking systems
- Experience in the development of enterprise-grade ML platforms
- Database internals.
About our team
- How to design changes which support real customer needs
- How to debug a complex system
- Working on a team
- Testing your code
- Practical software optimization techniques
- Planning and executing on a software project
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica.About our product
Vertica provides a state-of-the-art Big Data Analytics platform that handles petabytes of data. It is a commercially successful, high performance, distributed database. Every industry is finding ways to benefit from data analytics. We continue to engineer our product to be flexible so that it supports all of them. Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status