VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Task Lead/System Engineer - Hosting Services
to support the IS
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Drives the stability and sustainability of the network software systems and discover innovative ways for scaling and reliable operation.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Creates proactive engineering mechanisms that enable the team to manage the health of a number of distributed VMs.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies for hardware and software specifications.
- Utilizes trends and metrics to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools and processes. Responsible for systems functionality, performance, and configurations issues.
- 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments
- CISCO CCNP certified with professional-level skills focused on the data center solutions, technologies and best practices to design, implement, and manage a modern data center infrastructure.
- 10 years' experience testing large scale Windows/Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware's vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V0 on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
- 10 years' experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.