Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $941 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram . Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Description:
As the Senior Tech Lead for trading and settlement systems, you will develop and manage innovative technologies that powers Blackstone Credit's core platforms. You will build, lead, and mentor a team of technologists across the globe to design, build, deploy, test, and support functionality across a variety of stacks and platforms. Through partnering with business stakeholders, you'll drive business value while also producing great code focused on our core systems. You will help to support the current .NET implementation and help drive the platform forward by building highly scalable microservices deployed to our cloud hosted Kubernetes environments. Key technologies in this framework include: OpenAPI, Kafka, Docker, AWS, .NET Core in C#, SQL, Python, Snowflake and Tableau.
You will be expected to take ownership of projects and identify business design gaps with Blackstone product owners and business analysts. You will tackle a variety of problems from scaling out infrastructure to promoting business efficiency through automating contract creation. You'll devise elegant solutions to Blackstone's most important problems and put your own best ideas to work in an entrepreneurial environment inside one of the world's most successful companies. Responsibilities:
- Lead an agile team of technologists to work on a number of critical projects and focus on delivering business results.
- Lead technical design and code reviews to drive projects towards the best results, Guide the team through project design, prioritization and execution.
- Collaborate with various internal and external business partners to identify and execute on areas for improvement
- Identify opportunities to automate away repetitive tasks.
- Build microservices that deal with trade booking, straight-through processing, trade control automation, and settlement systems.
- Design relational data models and implement stored procedures that support core business functions of fixed-income, trading and risk management platforms
- Build services and batch processes that integrate with external and internal market data, analytics and best-in-breeds platforms.
- Support existing windows desktop applications, as well integrating to cloud-based services and migrating to web-based UI stack.
- Troubleshoot and prioritize business and technology initiatives
- 8+ years' experience in a financial company with hands-on development experience, preferable with fixed-income, or alternative credit and other buy-side product knowledge.
- Strong grasp and mathematics, quantitative analysis framework, and working with risk management processes are preferred.
- Demonstrated significant leadership experience as a team lead or similar role in Agile environment
- Have a strong understanding of highly scalable microservice architectures.
- Technical software development and system architecture experience .
- Project management experience on custom software development engagements
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to learn new technologies
- Expertise in one or more of SQL, Kafka/RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS, .NET Core in C#, SQL, Python, Snowflake and Tableau
- Strong object-oriented programming experience in any language
- Have prior experience delivering modernized technology to business users
- Experience with Agile
- An ability to drive your projects from inception to completion
- Possesses a desire to teach, and mentor others while also making significant individual contributions
- Ensures that the team produces high quality code, facilitates communication and feedback
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion. Expected annual base salary range:
$170,000 - $200,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.