Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Summary of Accountabilities:
• Responsibilities include creating and delivering technical resolutions to create workflow, process design and programming solutions to business problems.
• Must have strong analytical, programming and communication skills and be able to balance technical and business objectives to improve quality outcomes.
• Must be able to create and implement project plans and routinely communicate status of work.
• Assist in the education & training of new hires and other team members and be available as a resource for the team.
• Experience with Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager, SQL Reporting, MLM's and HL7
• Daily monitoring, maintaining a high degree of performance, coordinating system behaviors, using existing and creating new tools for managing multiple environments.
• Maintaining, creating, and monitoring Epic databases.
• Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and be available off hours for production support.
• Ensuring system integrity of the Epic application is the primary responsibility of the administrator.
• The Cach DBA is an integrated part of the Epic team and liaison to UNIX system administrators.
Minimum Degree and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 3 years related experience
• Experience in complex technical projects
• Experience in health care IT preferred
• Provide Technical expertise to ensure that the design, implementation and end results meet the business requirements.
• Utilizes industry standard processes to generate specifications for implementation and for specification review process.
• Ensures project scope and design and pragmatic and results orientated technical decisions.
• Identify problem definitions and make recommendations regarding refinements and decisions, throughout the product life cycle.
• Contribute to, and/or own, the development process for the deployment strategy, plan and schedule.
• Strong analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of healthcare operations, data structure and use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare and financial environment.
• Ability to both recognize project barriers or risks and address them in a timely fashion
• Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Understanding of HL7, PERL, SQL, VB6, and XML preferred
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.