Philadelphia, PA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Technical Analyst POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for meeting with business representatives to understand business needs.
Process and document requirements for technical solutions.
Provides a role in design of business solutions with emphasis on developing the database aspects of the solution architecture.
Responsible for analytical reporting environments to support business intelligence initiatives.
List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
- Strong background with development, and supporting real-time Data Warehouse (DW) installations/operations.
- Strong background with commercially available ETL solutions such as, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Informatica PowerCenter or IBM Data Stage.
- Proficient in PL/SQL and ETL in Data Warehousing design and techniques using Oracle RDBMS.
- Provide database optimization and performance tuning guidance and support.
- Understand impact of database changes on other systems and applications Experience with interacting within a diverse user / customer base.
- Responsible for definition, development and support of enterprise wide database architecture, extract transform and loading solutions, methodologies and best practices.
- Can coach and mentor staff members
- Help drive consistent use of Systems Architecture and development planning disciplines via documented common processes, templates, etc
- Consistently communicate with management and staff on the use of the Systems Architecture and the status of specific implementations
- Conduct training, assign and schedule work for project team activities
- Participate or help drive database strategic capacity planning activities
- Author and drive adoption of database system standards
- Author and drive adoption of technical specifications, design, and documentation
- Understand impact of database changes on other systems and applications
- Provide application support possibly after hours or on weekends. This will be a rotating schedule.
- At least six years of experience in relational and data warehousing techniques.
- Technical skills: Oracle 10g and 11g RDBMS, 9iAS, Discoverer and Warehouse Builder 10g and 11g, ETL processing, strong data modeling experience including Dimensional Modeling.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; experience working with senior managers and members of other departments. Must be comfortable in working and communicating with customer representatives to expand relationships Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com