Senior Technical External Producer
Will consider professional experience from mid-level to senior plus.
Remote employment an option.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek a Senior Technical External Producer to ensure that our game development partners have the best possible experience while developing on PlayStation platforms.
It will be your job to represent all that the PlayStation platform has to offer while advocating on behalf of your developers within Sony. Few positions can offer an opportunity like this, specifically the ability to work on a wide range of important titles while helping to affect change to the future of PlayStation. To be proficient in this position, you should possess both business acumen and technical expertise to influence game development decisions while assuring that they align with the grander Sony vision.
- Evangelize the PlayStation platform towards strategic alignment of developer projects
- Meet regularly with developers of our portfolio to proactively identify project risks, support needs, and opportunities.
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with technical decision makers and influencers.
- Maintain strong ownership of the titles you work on, resolving issues as they arise.
- Collect developer feedback and champion within PlayStation.
- Recommend and drive technical best practices amongst licensed developers.
- Provide onsite technical consultancy and training.
- Lead developer training events, postmortems, and advisory panels.
- At least 3 years of prior exposure to game development, software or middleware tools.
- High level technical knowledge of the PlayStation platform a nice-to-have.
- Understanding of general development pipelines for games.
- Prior console game development experience a nice-to-have.
- Prior account management experience a nice-to-have.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an eye toward providing excellent customer support and mentoring.
- Ability to familiarize quickly with external technical processes and systems. Preferably with development tools.
- The ability to operate with little to no supervision at partner sites, providing a professional and useful service to our developers.
- Willing to travel and coordinate with other individual contributors to solve issues at hand. When not able to directly or efficiently solve partner problems, must be able to identify technical expertise needed to solve the problems.