Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The technical program lead is responsible for the design, implementation, security and performance of the customer's complex software and IT system. The technical lead for the program will work closely with the business analysts to understand the customer needs, to include policy and technical updates, and help to translate these into software development solutions. This will include technical knowledge of how the current system works in order to identify areas for improvement and integration. The technical lead will be expected to be informed of the latest IT offerings and make recommendations to adapt the architecture and solutions quickly based on industry and customer direction. The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the lead is expected to be a leader in emerging solutions.
The lead will also be responsible for interfacing and directing all aspects of the agile teams to include full-stack, web and database developers. As a trailblazer for multiple agile projects, the lead will work with each of the agile teams to ensure that the requirements and scope of the agile epics and releases are clearly defined and understood by the developers. The lead will help to ensure timelines, work limits, and adjust rapidly based on customer feedback. The lead is also expected to interface directly with the customer on a regular basis, to include technical presentations and demonstrations of working software. Responsibilities:
- Develops technical solutions to meet a wide range of business needs.
- Evaluates technical trends and provides recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses for management decision-making purposes.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Leads the requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Works with program managers, project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements, and delivers capability using agile methodologies.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications and modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Leads all phases of software systems programming of new applications and enhancing, correcting, refreshing, and modifying existing software applications.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- 15+ years of relevant technology experience, with at least a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree
- At least 8 yrs. of IT leadership experience, and with at least 3 years leading engineering activities that use agile methodologies; application development and design experience for two or more major technologies used on program
- Experience working as an architect or leader in a software development environment
- Experience with modernization of a large mission critical IT system or program
- Full-stack experience in software development, to include the following technologies and tools: Java, C#, object oriented design, and modern web frameworks (such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS)
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Experience working in an agile environment, with Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- GitHub experience
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with the following:
- HTML 5
- AWS certification
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)