At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
As part of the DISH Wireless 5G Core Engineering Operations Team, this Technical Project Manager will function as a Program Manager working with a team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to build, test and deploy DISH'S standalone 5G network.
This individual is responsible for coordinating and tracking multiple team projects, ensuring these efforts stay on track to meet strict deadlines. The projects can be of various degrees of complexity and will include coordination of numerous groups and departments, critical thinking and problem solving.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Engage, problem solve, and communicate across the enterprise to drive successful initiatives.
- Work through the technical, business, operational and legal/compliance questions that develop surrounding the buildout of the 5G Core.
- Partner with Management, other Project Managers, Architects and Legal to develop achievable completion dates and prioritize/de-prioritize efforts.
- Document all aspects of the project including requirements, risks, issues, project schedule, and meeting agendas/notes
- Quickly escalate issues to other groups or departments where support needed and track for resolution and completion.
- Anticipate resource needs based on project schedules and expected throughput.
- Work during off hours when required.
A successful Technical Project Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of Project Management experience.
- Thorough technical knowledge / understanding of 5G NR / 4G LTE Core and IMS network elements and call flows
- Excellent facilitation skills, very strong follow through abilities and strong ownership of initiatives and issues - ability to drive team to resolutions and delivery
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability/experience to drive solutions, addressing known issues and risks
- Proficiency with Google Suite products
- Self-motivated, and able to efficiently manage simultaneous projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with technical and non-technical teams
- Understanding of the FCC's 911 calling requirements
- Understanding of 3GPP Lawful Intercept technical specifications and experience managing efforts for Lawful Intercept
- PMP certification strongly preferred
Compensation: $74,520.00/Year - $116,995.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.