A large financial services firm seeks a seasoned Senior Technical Project Manager for an opportunity at their Washington, DC location. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing financial application development for clients and customers. The incumbent will manage the direction of projects through the design, implementation, testing and customer rollout phases in accordance with the project objectives and plan. The ideal candidate will possess significant experience in a PMO environment managing medium-to-large scale technical projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This is an excellent opportunity to join a top Fortune 500 company and a major player in financial services.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning the course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools.
- Updating project plan as needed, including documenting changes to scope, requirements, schedule, financials and more.
- Tracking project milestones through attending meetings, conferring with cross-functional teams and receiving reports.
- Meeting with business application owners, development teams, analysts and coding staff to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Assessing compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicating to responsible managers or staff.
- Partnering with technology and business owners to implement given initiatives per expectations.
- Accountable for gathering, reviewing and delivering PMO SDLC deliverables as defined in traceability matrix.
- Documenting exceptions or deviations as needed and convening meetings and planning agendas to ensure important issues are addressed and resolved.
- Reporting on progress of project, use of staff, financial expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 8+ years of technical project management experience, managing multiple medium-to-large scale projects, preferably in a financial services, business or similar environment.
- PMP certification required; CSM or other Scrum/Agile certification strongly preferred; ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience managing cross-divisional projects and professionals in a complex environment and the ability to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to capture critical information required to assess department’s operational readiness needs such as dependencies, intersections, risks and potential issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to varying audiences and levels.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including requirements definition and testing.
- Advanced MS Project and intermediate Excel skills preferred.