Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Technical Proposal Writer in Fairfax, Virginia (VA).
Under managerial direction; the Senior Technical Proposal Writer writes, and supports development of, Federal or State Government proposals. Develop, write, and edit a variety of materials for proposals concerned with managing and providing technical offerings to the Federal Government. Potential assignments include management sections, executive summaries, technical responses, corporate experience, and resumes. Writing assignments will range from producing discrete subsections to writing and managing individual volumes within a proposal response.
* Develop and use in-depth interview techniques for gathering substantive input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and conduct interviews with SMEs in sufficient detail to develop compelling offerings relevant to RFP requirements
* Conduct research on the appropriate subject matter for the proposal, including interviewing subject matter experts, researching on-line company and customer information, and other substantive source material to write and produce proposal sections
* Research, write and edit material for development of proposals, qualifications statements, presentations and other assignments
* Act with significant autonomy in working with operations personnel and subject matter experts and subcontractors to compile and optimize their proposal contributions
* Organize source material and write descriptive and compelling proposal material according to Government RFP and client standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
* Perform final quality control review before proposals are delivered to the customer
* Perform in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling
* Participate in establishing proposal style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related field and 5+ years technical proposal writing experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience required
* Must know how to gather information from subjects for use as substantive content in proposals, including working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches
* Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create, edit, and produce acceptable documents
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and verbal & written communication skills
* Must be able to work and thrive in fast-paced and high-energy environment
* Must have the ability to develop materials for technical and management proposals submitted to Federal Agencies in line with Federal or State proposal life cycles
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust
* Commitment and adherence to Firm's Core Values
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.