, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone LHI
is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe
provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe
you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group
a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI
was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum
in 2011, LHI
specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI
's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function provide technical support to the enterprise. This function includes employees working on incident management response and restoration; determination of issue priority, provisioning, and service request fulfillment; installations, upgrades, and releases / deployments; and problem management analysis and resolution. It also includes data center construction, operations, and maintenance employees. Please Note:
In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and maximizing the availability and continuity of LHIs Infrastructure and Applications. This function monitors LHIs critical systems, coordinates the processes and activities to restore service after an incident occurs and facilitates root cause identification and remediation. Primary Responsibilities:
- Monitoring Infrastructure, Apps and Jobs and validate overall environment health
- Acknowledge, validate, and correlate monitoring alerts
- Proactively monitor and trend component/application/product performance and degradation
- Identify impact and prioritize incidents based on LHI definition and guidelines
- Initiate and facilitate High Priority Incident Management War Rooms
- Utilizing general knowledge of server, network, database, storage, web, and load balancing technologies to direct restoration efforts
- Provide Alert on, status of and explanations of High Priority incidents to IT team and business stakeholders
- Perform manual application testing to ensure systems are available and functioning
- Complete 'check-out' of all critical applications after change and incidents to identity possible business impact
- Initiate and Facilitate Proactive Problem Management
- Facilitate Reactive Problem Management
- Maintain Contact Info and On Call schedules for IT Staff
- Participate in Change/Release Checkout verification
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 2 Years of IT Experience
- ==== with ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- General knowledge of IT Infrastructure (servers, network, database, storage, web applications, and load balancing technologies)
- General knowledge of web, application and data architectures
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer
Careers with LHI.
- IT Operations Experience (Infrastructure, Application or Operations Center)
- Incident and Problem Management experience
- ITIL Certification
- Track record of learning new tools and technologies
- Detail and results-oriented, with ability to adhere to operational process and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with Senior leaders
- Proactive and self-motivated, passionate, team-player
- Understanding of existing LHI technology and business operations
- National Career Readiness Certificate
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Technical Support Specialist, Technical Support, Tech Support, LHI, UnitedHealth Group, OptumServe, Optum, Lacrosse, Wisconsin