Senior Technical Writer
Job number: 171076
Location: Arlington, VA
Position Type: Full-Time
T&T is currently seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our Trowbridge and Trowbridge Team in Arlington, VA.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains technical documentation for software applications (i.e., technical references, and user manuals).
- Writes and maintains procedural documentation that includes standard operating procedures.
- Documents and propagates policies and procedures and ensures team is in compliance by performing routine checks.
- Recommends changes to existing policies and procedures based on best practices.
- Updates documentation deliverables for scheduled software application releases.
- Communicates and coordinates review and collaboration on documentation deliverables and artifacts.
- Performs internal audits at regular intervals of all documentation deliverables and artifacts.
- Responsible for building and managing SharePoint sites, libraries, lists, calendars, and workflows for team collaboration.
- Responsible for meeting agendas/minutes, templates, forms, reports, checklists, diagrams, and other documentation deliverables and artifacts as needed.
- Requires a minimum of Seven (7) years of technical editing/writing and analyst experience and a minimum of Five (5) years in a Technical Writer - QA Analyst role or related position.
- Requires expertise is Microsoft Office applications such as SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Requires in depth experience with graphic editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or Snag-It.
- Experience with graphic editing, documentation production, and training experience is preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Education and/or Certifications:
- BA or BS degree.
- Security+ certification preferred.
- Secret clearance required.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.