Description: Summary of Role\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 9 is seeking a Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician to be a part of the team at GLOBALFOUNDRIES state of the art 200mm wafer fab in Burlington, VT. The primary responsibility is to sustain and run the fab floor and resolve equipment and process issues. Technician positions are hourly shift positions (nights or days) working a compressed week of 12 hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
- Eligible for Benefits on Day 1
- 401k Investing
- 3 Weeks Vacation per Year
- Paid Sick Time
- Monitor, control, and qualify 200 mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, and other duties as assigned
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and program
Qualification: Required Qualifications\:
- Education - 2-Year Associates Degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical/Electrical) and/or relevant military experience.
- Experience -Experience in Related Fields Required
- Language Fluency - Fluency in English Language - Written & Verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands - 12 hour Alternate Work Schedule (Nights or Days)
- Experience in Semiconductor Equipment Maintenance
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.