At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Technology Sourcing Manager with robust technical skills, strong people and vendor management abilities, to help build our 5G network.
The Senior Technology Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing complete technical sourcing oversight and project management for DISH's long haul and metro fiber optic /microwave transport network to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements within a given market and/or region. These projects focus on the creation and expansion of the ethernet backhaul, fronthaul, and microwave network, for both lit and dark services. This position will be responsible for driving large scale infrastructure programs, standards and best practices; and delivering a high performance network infrastructure.
Additionally this person will manage and understand the Transport MSA and SLA contracts, for both lit and dark fiber as well as microwave, and work in conjunction with the engineering groups to understand and apply the technical specifications as required. This role reports to the Transport Manager, and may require some travel.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for initiation and implementation of all transport related network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints. This includes all microwave, backhaul, and fronthaul needs.
- Work with Network Planning & Engineering teams on direction for upcoming transport design programs.
- Review carrier RFP responses for suitability with our overall network strategy and transport design.
- Responsible for delivering network projects true to plan of record (POR), such as cell build program, frequency carrier add growth, hardware conversions, Fiber to Cell initiatives, E911, and IP-based technologies.
- Utilize knowledge and experience, serving as subject matter expert for internal fiber contract negotiation, including submitting and managing exception requests and consumption orders.
- Determine the capital resources, equipment, and tools needed to complete each project.
- Management oversight of strategic vendor partnerships that provide network construction, operational, and maintenance support.
- Manage Purchase Order process for project needs, requesting PO's, receiving PO's, and managing OCNR.
- Overall management of several concurrent projects and network-related transport initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature.
- Develop written project plans, including master schedule and manage status updates. Utilize and maintain all company mandated information systems.
- Produce and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual program reporting based on defined work product by department.
- Track network projects as it pertains to the transport team such as path diversification, cost reduction Initiatives, cell availability evaluations, equipment decommissioning, facility migration, etc..
- Effectively communicate project plans with all project team members, users, and other parties involved in the programs.
- Communicate needs, goals, and milestones to appropriate project team members and executives.
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the transport team in a clear and concise manner. Ensure that issues are properly documented and maintained.
- Drive program issues through to resolution. Drive process improvement.
- Collaborate with PMO and executive teams to review program quality and metrics.
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
The successful Transport Sourcing Manager will have:
- Must have experience sourcing specifically for data centers, fiber networks, and Lit networks.
- 10+ years Wireless Network experience
- 3+ years of managing and negotiating transport RFP's
- Must have a strong understanding of wireless network architecture, ethernet, and transport infrastructure components
- Proficiency in using project tracking software, i.e. smartsheet, site tracker, or similar
- Experience leading daily or weekly meetings, including documenting action items and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop solutions
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree preferred
- Experience performing site walks with Landlord, Client, A&E and GC firms
- Ability to coordinate cross functionally with teams with a focus on performance and accountability
- Ability to document site modifications, fiber box locations, conduit paths
- PathLoss 5 and Google Earth experience. Planet design experience beneficial
- PMP or similar desired but not required
Compensation: $85,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.