DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers!
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. **Working location in Englewood, CO is required; relocation assistance available.Summary:
Dish is adding a Test Development Engineer in the Hardware Engineering Department. The Test Development Engineer will focus on providing solutions to accelerate delivery, eliminate test escapes, minimize costs, and monitor systems to ensure quality products are delivered to our customers for the best value possible. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have:
- Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting automated test systems and the associated test equipment
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and completes specifications and procedures for new products
- Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Research and integrate industry best practices into team practices.
- Implement automated test solutions to increase the test coverage of new and existing designs
- Organize manufacturing testing to save money through intelligent test strategies by considering the manufactures yield levels, test capacity throughput, product design maturity, and field failures
- Perform product validation testing for software and hardware.
- Participate in defining test objectives, strategies, and standards working directly with Contract Manufacturers
- B.S. degree preferably in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Science or any other STEM related degree from a four year college or university.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will have at least 8 (or a combination of 8) years of industry experience in any of these areas
- Minimum 5 years working in a technical R&D or testing role
- Experience architecting automated test solutions
- Experience with Robotics, Image Processing or Video Processing
- Experience in validation testing of software and/or hardware used in the Satellite, Cable, Consumer Electronic or IPTV industry
- Advanced understanding of consumer electronics design and manufacturing
- Experience applying FMEA, Design of Experiments, 6s, ORT, and Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve the test validation process
- Intermediate skills with LabVIEW and/or TestStand
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with 3D printing
- Experience with CNC
- Experience with PLC programming
- Experience with Solid Works
- Experience with Networking
- Experience with Wireless protocols/RF
- Experience with Hardware System Design and Architecture
Compensation: $74,700.00/Yr. - $118,425.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.