Responsibilities The Cyber Threat Intelligence Manager Role is a senior level position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts are considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and have the ability to drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization. Responsibilities:
- Leads change within the Threat Intelligence team through leadership, guidance, and creating new processes and procedures to enhance the intel capabilities in support of the Threat Management Center protecting the Verizon Enterprise
- Process both internal and external Cyber Threat Intel for determination of potential threat and impact, hunting to determine potential scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend Verizon’s enterprise; this includes reports from law enforcement, security researchers, industry leaders and governmental agencies.
- Conduct pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or proactively process mitigations for defense through security technologies and proactive mitigations including zero-day patching identification, anomalous behavior, and recommendations of remediation action
- Identifies gaps in intel gather strategy and leads changes in covering identified gaps
- Develop, create, and drive current and new reporting methods of Intelligence analysis to peers and leadership teams for purposes of situational awareness and making Intelligence actionable
- Support mid and junior team members in methods to process tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity
- Drives support for the Threat Management Center during incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support, provide industry expertise and recommend relevant remediation and countermeasures
- Conduct trending and correlation of cyber intelligence for the purposes of attribution and establish strategic countermeasures to increase Verizon’s defenses, including customized signatures, in-house identified indicators of compromise and behaviors associated with targeted behavior, with support from the Threat Monitoring team
- Drive the technical oversight and guidance required to support junior team members during Intelligence analysis efforts
- Write intelligence and technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and mature existing cyber Intelligence functions
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Intelligence Function
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
- Previous experience working with hunting tools and technologies
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP)
- Three or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Intelligence Function
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Previous experience with Malware analysis (automated, static, and dynamic)
- Previous experience with Malware Reverse Engineering
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threat intelligence related to cyber attackers
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, GREM) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.