Responsibilities The Threat Intelligence Senior Manager role is a senior level position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Managers are considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and have the ability to drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the tactical and strategic components of the Intelligence function within the TMC to include people, process, and technology.
- Supervises the processing of both internal and external Cyber Threat Intelligence for determination of impact, hunting to determine scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend Verizon’s enterprise
- Identifies new intel feeds and implements process intake
- Ensures intelligence analysts conduct pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or proactively process mitigations for defense
- Review reporting of Intelligence analysis to peers and leadership teams for purposes of situational awareness and making Intelligence actionable
- Ensure tactical mitigations are processed based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity
- Support the Threat Management Center during incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support
- Drive the technical oversight and guidance required to support junior and mid-career team during Intelligence analysis efforts
- Review intelligence and technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and mature existing cyber Intelligence functions
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role that included personnel, budget, and operational management.
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
- Previous experience working with hunting tools and technologies
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Detailed understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP)
- Six or more years managing IT security teams with an emphasis on security operations and threat intelligence
- Eight or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Previous experience with Malware analysis (automated, static, and dynamic)
- Previous experience with Malware Reverse Engineering
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threat intelligence related to cyber attackers
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, GREM) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.