Senior Tier 2 System Maintainer - TS/SCI with Poly Required
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Tier 2 System Maintainer supporting mission applications maintenance in Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer s mission.
- Ensure the availability of mission processors through proactive Tier 2 SW maintenance
- Perform incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues
- Support configuration management and change management activities
- Support service transitions including migrations to cloud infrastructure
- Perform request fulfillment activities including account management and configuration changes
- Coordinate with other maintenance, operations and engineering contracts as required
- Document all work performed via ticketing system
- Create, update or enhance maintenance and operations documentation
- Ensure security of mission processors and IT infrastructure
- United States citizen with current TS/SCI with SSBI
- Bachelor s Degree with 4 to 8 years of applicable experience or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- 5+ years experience performing Tier 2 software maintenance on mission critical systems
- Proven experience with one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Current and legacy software development languages and tools (i.e. C, C++, Java, XMIDAS)
- Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems, including shell scripting
- Enterprise management tools
- Enterprise storage management and configuration
- Database management systems and tools (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- TCP/IP networking in an enterprise environment
- Information system security, including IAVA management and ICD 503 compliance
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Experience with legacy platforms (i.e. DEC VMS, Alpha)
- Mission operations experience
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Mission-specific technical knowledge
- Software development
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.