The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate " slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Leadership Principles: We Continuously Get Better
Leadership Principles: We Develop Each Other
Leadership Principles: We Drive Results
Leadership Principles: We Win Together
Leadership Principles: We're Here to Serve
Leadership Principles: We're Transparent
Represent clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass, and Esurance ( the Company ) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability lawsuits. Represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. The Trial Attorney will conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies and, acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business area s processes and procedures as well as best practices. The Trial Attorney will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and achieving team objectives.
* Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of state of practicing
* Up to 10 plus years of litigation and or subrogation experience, including 1st OR 2nd chair jury trial experience
* Insurance defense strongly preferred
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, LexisNexis (preferred), and the internet
* Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by Lead Counsel
* Must be able to handle a heavy caseload
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
* Periodically lifting in excess of 20 pounds throughout the day, depending on court matters being handled. Attorneys are required to cover court matters for each other; attorneys have laptops;
* Bending to pick up the computer bag which sometimes is more than 20 pounds, entering and exiting a vehicle, maneuvering files and computer at security checkpoints,
* Turning and twisting at work;
* Driving at least 40-50 miles daily depending on the activities being covered, court, doctors depositions, discovery depositions, and case evaluations, etc.
* Sitting for pro-longed periods of time en route to court, in court or at court proceedings, depositions, etc. ;
* Walking and rolling brief case with files from vehicle to the legal proceeding and/or deposition, and facilitations, etc.;
* Trial preparation could require lifting in excess 20 lbs. because of exhibits, materials, records from plaintiff, etc. These materials are printed for some proceedings.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.