Employer's New York office is seeking a Senior Tunneling Engineer for underground structures with a structural, soil and/or rock mechanics background to provide engineering services to its clients on design and construction projects. Must have experience with multiple types of tunnel construction methods including bored, mined/SEM/NATM, drill and blast, cut and cover, and shaft sinking.
* Lead small to medium size soil-structure interaction design projects, particularly in underground structures and foundations, with minimal senior supervision
* Site supervision experience for infrastructure and building projects with focus on underground structures such as tunnels, stations, or hydropower.
* Interpret field and laboratory test result from ground investigation for design purposes as well as interpretation and preparation of Geotechnical Baseline and/or Interpretive reports (GBRs/ GIRs).
* Perform design and analysis using various industry standard engineering software for underground structures, excavations, foundations, seismic site response analyses, slopes, and, etc
* Hands-on experience and experience in supervising others in the use geotechnical and tunneling modeling software such as PLAXIS, UDEC, 3DEC or FLAC.
* Carrying out structural and/or seismic design of underground structures in accordance with relevant Codes and Standards in Canada and the United States.
* Experience in CAD and BIM, particularly Revit, Aecosim and Microstation
* Interacting with engineers from various disciplines and collaborating in the design of building foundations, bridge foundations, tunnels etc.
* Preparing design reports, design calculations, drawings and specifications
* Assist with administrative duties or management support as assigned by team leader
The candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
* Preference will be given to candidates with a Master's Degree in Civil (structural or geotechnical) Tunneling, Mining, or Geological Engineering.
* Demonstrate a strong knowledge in structural and soil/rock-structure interaction design.
* PE License
* Experience in supervising site works and performing site design changes.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in tunnel engineering and/ or geo-structural design with proven record of delivering project plans, analyses, design and preparation of deliverables for infrastructure and building projects.
* Familiarity with soil-structure interaction and rock mechanics problems in a variety of geological environments.
* Some previous experience working for a geotechnical, mining or tunneling contractor is advantageous.
* Highly innovative and creative in developing technically strong solutions.
* Strong focus on high quality deliverables, deadlines and budgets.
* Comfortable balancing multiple roles and responsibilities in high stress situations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients, regulators, and junior staff.
* Ability to communicate and coordinate work within an integrated multidisciplinary team.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Employer offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401K Match, time off and profit share.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.