The UX/Visual Designer is responsible for developing UX/IA documentation (sketches, wireframes, navigation models, high fidelity visual design) for web, desktop and mobile applications. This role will often take the lead in supporting business and development teams as well as other user experience consultants and work closely with the client. A strong understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be critical for success. The best candidates will be dedicated to excellence with a profound ability to find solutions to problems in a complex and constantly changing environment. Candidates must be experienced in both the analytical (UX Research) and creative (visual design) aspects of UX Design.
Creating the user experience and information architecture for a state government websites. This includes defining functionality, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, site-maps, use cases, and hi fidelity layered Photoshop visual design.
• Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into smart, innovative solutions for our clients
• Working closely with state branding, and design teams to translate business requirements into meaningful experiences
• Participating in immersive user research, concept testing, usability testing, and analytics
• Participating in user experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry
• 3+ years of experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
• 1+ year experience conducting user research and translating user research into design directions
• Knowledge of best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Proven ability to execute on information architecture of complex transactional interfaces
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with a variety of design tools such as Omnigraffle,, Axure, Photoshop
• Capacity to manage multiple work streams at once while delivering the highest quality assets for large scale projects
• Extensive experience working with demanding clients and working through difficult issues
• Must be proficient in high level strategic thinking with the ability to identify and care for cross project impacts
• Strong ability to build relationships across team and organizational levels to help encourage and promote a collaborative environment
• Ability to cut through ambiguity and desire to organize it
• Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute against them in a highly collaborative and iterative environment
2500 Corporate Exchg Dr, Suite 310 Columbus, OH, 43231Contact