Job Title: Software Developer III
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6+ months
- As a key member of the Equinix Emerging Services Engineering team you will be involved in the development lifecycle from design, implementation, testing and support with a focus on delivering solutions adhering to business goals, technical requirements and engineering standards.
- Design, Development & Support of Software Products and Solutions.
- Develop unit test plans, test suites, and perform tests on software solutions.
- Integrate software product(s) with other systems, test interfaces, and manage version control.
- Interact with stakeholder(s) to understand and document the product feature(s).
- Solve bugs, engage in trouble shooting, and interact with the internal developer community.
- Assist in analysis & evaluation of new technologies to meet demand for product roadmap and technology platform goals.
- Evaluation and recommendation of appropriate technologies for product features and platform.
- Advocate and Follow best design and development practices adhering to Engineering standards.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment with minimal supervision.
- Participate in Design & Peer Code Review process.
- Proficient in at least two of the programming languages: C, C++, Go, Java, Python.
- Expertise in using RDBMS database technologies like Postgres or Oracle.
- Expertise in using No-SQL technologies including Cassandra, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud such as AWS, Azure or GCP and container technologies such as Docker.
- Solid knowledge in Linux Kernel Architecture, Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns.
- Hands-on experience in designing micro-services & SOA based applications.
- Experience and knowledge of REST API development • Nice to have experience with Agile-scrum methodology and Test-driven development.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field with 7+ years of professional software development experience.