At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are seeking an experienced full-stack Senior UI Engineer for our Movie Magic Scheduling application to work out of our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate is capable of delivering high quality, secure solutions for technically minded, creative users. Responsibilities include analyzing, designing, building, and deploying high quality application releases while working with the Business Owners and overall Technology leadership to ensure alignment with high-level architectural and technology goals. This is a hands-on development position requiring technical expertise and creativity, a strong sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Design, document, develop, and deploy a multi-environment application, focusing on the UI layer of installed client (Electron) and web versions, interacting with corresponding back-end.
• Assist with development of server-side logic when appropriate and be comfortable debugging across the full application stack.
• Work in a Scrum/Agile environment to release on a regular cadence while ensuring high velocity.
• Collaborate closely with other developers, Product and Project Management, QA, Architecture, and DevOps to ensure that the right solutions are being delivered.
• Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated unit tests
• Refine feature requirements with Product Management on a regular basis.
• Work with UX group to turn concepts into code.
• Think in terms of building and reusing components within the application and promote UI best practices across the company
• Generate automated unit/integration tests, CI/CD artifacts and monitoring infrastructure as part of deliverables.
• Continuously look for opportunities for improvement in practices, coding standards, SDLC and business solutions in a variety of areas.
• Mentor and train other developers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
• Front-end development experience, with expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Production experience with frameworks including React and Redux
• Expert experience with CSS and layout best practices, box model, positioning, mix-ins, debugging layout issues. Experience with frameworks such as less/sass or semantic
• Solid experience with cross browser compatibility and working around browser-specific issues
• Responsive UI design implementation experience
• Solid knowledge of REST, JSON and ability to debug and profile both client and server
• Experience working with middle-tier code, including Node.js and Java containers like Tomcat with Spring Boot
• Strong understanding of OO fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
• Familiarity with development under MacOS and Linux, including bash and CLI utilities
• Strong familiarity with revision control (git) and pull-request branch/merge model (gitflow)
• Familiarity with deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
• Familiarity with deploying to desktop platforms such as macOS and Windows
• Ability to absorb, understand and communicate written and verbal information and ideas, and to deliver in a concise manner that is easily understood by others.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Experience working with Relational SQL database (such PostgreSQL) and ORMs (such as Hibernate)
• Experience with other languages (especially Java) a plus